COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
In order to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on the Services, we collect the following information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Billing information such as credit card number and billing address
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Preferences information such as product wish lists, marketing preferences, and order history
- Email addresses of friends or other people you would like us to contact
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources, such as social media platforms, data aggregators and cooperatives and public databases. We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including the information you provide to us, with information we receive from third parties, information we automatically collect (as explained below) and information provided or collected offline including when you use the Services.
As is true of most websites and similar services, we automatically gather information about your computer or device from which you access the Services, such as your IP address, browser type, time and date of visit, referring/exit pages and operating system. We may log this information for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your order and process payments;
- Send you an order confirmation;
- Send you requested product or service information;
- Assess your needs to determine suitable products;
- Send product updates or warranty information;
- Respond to customer service requests and provide you with live support;
- Verify your identity and maintain your account, settings and preferences;
- Collect feedback regarding your experience;
- Send you newsletters and marketing communications;
- Improve our Services and marketing efforts;
- Conduct research and analysis;
- Display content based upon your interests;
- Investigate and assist you in resolving questions and concerns you have regarding the Services; and
- Develop new products, features, partnerships and services;
- Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues;
- Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms and other modeling;
- Respond to legal proceedings and obligations
WEB TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Our Services may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We may use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our Services are used.
Targeted Advertising (also known as online behavioral advertising) uses information collected on an individual’s web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. We may work with third parties by placing or accessing cookies in your browser when you visit this, or other, websites and thus being able to better serve you relevant, targeted advertising to you based on your viewing history.
DO NOT TRACK
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. The Services may not respond to Do Not Track requests or headers from some or all browsers.
We may also send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Services are temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. We may also send you transactional communications related to orders you place through the Services. For instance, we may send you an email to confirm that we have received your order, to update you on your shipping and order status, or to answer questions you may have about your order. Generally, you may not opt-out of these service-related announcements or transactional communications, which are not promotional in nature.
INFORMATION SHARING (GENERAL)
We will share information about you with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may provide information about you to companies that provide services to help us in the operation of our Services or with our other business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. Such sharing includes:
- sharing your billing and shipping information with payment processors such as Authorize.net and third-party logistics vendors that are assisting us in fulfilling orders you place through the Services,
- sharing information about you with third parties such as Crowdtwist, Inc. that assist us in maintaining and operating the Rewards Program (as further described below),
- sharing information about you with third parties such as media agencies or email service providers that are assisting us in sending direct marketing messages,
- sharing information about you with third party service providers who provide services such as IT and system administration and hosting, research and analytics, and customer support for the purposes and pursuant to the legal bases described above,
We may also disclose information about you:
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity;
- to investigate fraud or respond to a government request;
- as required by law such as to comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable government request;
- while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets; or
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We may share non-identifiable information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page or the size of an order placed on a certain date or other aggregated usage data) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user. If Organizing for Your Lifestyle engages in a joint promotion with an affiliate and/or partner, we may share information about you with our affiliate and/or partner to be used in relation to the promotion, and you will have the opportunity to opt-out out of such promotional communications.
The security of information about you is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We will not store your complete credit card information on our servers, but will only use an incomplete identifier (e.g., last four digits of your credit card number) to identify your account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information about you submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.