Ms. Career Girl Blog Post
How to Organize Your Workday
Getting and staying organized in your daily life will help reduce stress in all areas including your work life. Here are a few simple steps to help keep you more organized at work.
Start at home –
In my book, Organizing for Your Lifestyle, I stress the importance of planning. I relate this to every aspect of my life from closet organization to business projects to travel. To start my workday in an organized way I ensure that the night before I lay out my outfit including accessories and ensure my handbag is packed and any meals prepped. Arriving to work in a calm organized way will help set the tone of the day.
Structure your own efficiency –
My constant theme is, organizing is a lifestyle, but it isn’t a one-size-fits-all. This can directly relate to your workday as everyone has different styles of working. Schedule your day in a way that makes you the most efficient, regardless of your co-workers working habits. Close your door or book a meeting room if you need silence to complete a project. Turn off your smartphone and hold calls if you get easily distracted. Discuss with your boss your working style and find a solution that bests suits you. For myself I try to avoid scheduling meetings over 45 minutes and always try to complete with actions and next steps. I find holding shorter meetings makes everyone get down to business.
Get Digitally Organized –
If you have your blouses perfectly organized by colour, designer and or type why not the same for your computer files. The faster you find your files the less time wasted. Period.
Fall in love with your calendar –
Maybe my Swiss roots are coming through, but my calendar is very organized and it includes, travel, preparation, meetings, project planning, gym, personal appointments, lunch dates etc. Bottom line is if you see it in your calendar it will likely happen at least in my case.
Prepare for change –
Since we are the boss of our own home (usually unless you have roommates, partners, dogs etc.) so we can make our rules. However at the office often tasks are given to us and sometimes spontaneously and that should have been completed yesterday. Being organized should help minimize the stress of last minute changes!
Again, “organizing is a lifestyle, but it isn’t one-size-fits-all,” and you can relate that your work day too. My book goes deeper into incorporating organization into your life to help maximize your potential to accomplish more on a daily basis. It’s arranged (very meticulously, of course!) into common themes to help you organize your home. From closets to the kitchen to the bathroom and a special chapter for travel which is essential for many globe-trotting women.
Check out the entire blog, Ms. Career Girl
Vibrant Happy Women Podcast
- Exclusive interview with Jane Stoller where she shared more about her book and organizing tips. Read the full interview on, Our Parenting World.
- Urban Suburban Mommy dedicated a blog post to, Organize, Declutter, You'll Feel Better, where Jane Stoller gives her top 5 organizing tips. including what items are essential for closet organization.
- Sharon from Hobbies on a Budget posted an interview with Jane Stoller that included tidbits about where Jane's organizing encouragement came from and several organizing questions answered.
- 24 Savvy gives key tips from author and queen organiser Jane Stoller for how to declutter your home, and live a more organised life.
- Tamara interviewed organizing guru, Jane Stoller, author of “Organizing for Your Lifestyle” asking 5 key questions including "What is your favorite system for dealing with mail and papers that come into the house?" Provident Home Design
- Fearlessly Creative Mamma's listed Organizing for Your Lifestyle, as a great gift idea for Christmas!
- Laura from, The Productive Woman, adds Organizing for Your Lifestyle, to her non-fiction reading list for 2017
- Larissa Roberts loved the book saying it "felt like I was talking to a real person who just wrote about what works for her in a practical way not an out of touch author". Find her live video book review on her Facebook page
- Kristy Wicks promoted, Organizing for Your Lifestyle, on her Instagram stories.
You TUBE VIDEO's
- Published on August 21st, 2017, The Magnolia Housewife posted "In Organize My Closet With Me Organizing For Your Lifestyle, I show the transformation of my closet based upon the book Organizing For Your Lifestyle by Jane Stoller."
- Published on July 28th, 2017, Nikki Moreno mentioned, Organizing for Your Lifestyle, in her July 2017 | Monthly Favourites
- The winner from, A Wanderers's Adventures was from Italy.
- Emma from the UK won a copy on My Thrifty Life website.
- Mysa Home Styling Giveaway ended September and the winner was from Nebraska.
- Cheryl from Minnesota won the second Goodreads giveaway!
- Malorie left a comment about your organizing skills and won a copy from Sandra on Family Corner
- Goodreads giveaway ends July 28th, 2017 and the winner was Cheryl from Minnesota
- My Own Home giveaway ended July 7th 2017
- The Industrious Homemaker giveaway winner is Leslie from Kingston, Ohio!
- This Wild Home giveaway ended on June 5th 2017 the winner is from South Africa
- R.K.C Southern giveaway is posted on Instagram
- Enter to win by May 20, 2017 from Hobbies on a Budget
- Goodreads giveaway ended on May 5th and Alicia won!
- Heidi Milton gave away a copy on March 8th!
- Jollen from California won a copy on The Road to Domestication
- Lana from Oregon won a copy on Mom's Own World blog
- 634 people entered the Glimpse giveaway that ended on December 6th and the winner was from Ottawa, ON, Canada!
- Josie Pearse won a copy of, Organizing For Your Lifestyle, on Girlfriend Guide to Zurich